Unit Clerk With Medical Office Assistant Diploma Program Outline
This is a fourteen week unit clerk with medical office assistant diploma course that covers all aspects of unit clerk and medical office administration. The instruction occurs online with a real-life practicum done at a medical facility, the cost of the fourteen week unit clerk with medical office assistant diploma program is $8,600 this includes all materials and miscellaneous costs. All courses may be taken from the comfort of your home, a computer with internet connection is needed.
Our experienced instructors are aware of the latest developments within the industry, including technological, social, and economical advancements. The diploma gained from this program enables students to begin an exciting new career in the unit clerk and medical office assistant field.
Click Play Below To Hear What Students Are Saying
The topics will be covered through a combination of theoretical instruction along with work experience in clinical settings.
SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Answering the Phone
- Booking/Confirming Appointments
- Room and Patient Preparation for the doctor
- Billing; including Submission, Reconciliation, Printing Reports, and Third-Party Billing
- Worker’s Compensation Board Procedures
- Electronic Funds Transfer Technology
- Filing Systems
- Mail Document Sorting and Detailing
- Making Referral Appointments
- Computer Software Programs and Applications (Billing Systems and Microsoft Programs)
- Ordering Supplies
- Scanning Test Results
- Introduction to Instruments (Aseptic and Sterile Technique)
- Making Bank Deposits
- Procedure for Phoning in Patient’s Prescriptions to Pharmacies
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Abbreviations
- Assistance in Minor Surgery Room
- Simple Dressing Change Procedures
- Discussing Real-life Scenarios that Occur within the Unit Clerk and Medical Office Assistant Field
- First Aid Kit Comprehensive Coverage
- Typing Skills
- Audio Dictation
- Health Information Act
- Requisitions and Forms
- Nursing Unit Clerk Procedures
- HUC Professional practice
- HUC Admit Transfer and Discharge
- Pulse Site, Stethoscopes, Blood Pressure
- HUC Professional communication
- HUC Transcribe and process doctor's orders
- HUC Chart management
- HUC Receiving visitors and answering the telephone
- HUC Maintaining hospital equipment and drug inventory
- HUC Clinical preparation
- HUC Clinical Practicum
- Coordination of Emergency Protocols
- HUC Medical Terminology II
- HUC Abbreviations
- Infection Control
- Medical Transcription and Net Care
- Sanitation Procedures
- Unit Clerk Medical Terminology and Abbreviations
- Job Search And Resume
- Discussing Job Interviews
We are not limited to the topics listed above. The Medical Reception College places emphasis on the importance of practical module training in addition to an infield practicum. There is a significant amount of role-playing to prepare students for any unexpected situations that can arise when working in the medical field. The last few weeks of the program students work in medical facilities on a volunteer basis to further enhance the skills they have learned in the program
INSTRUCTORS EMPHASIZE THE FOLLOWING
- Elaboration on real-life situations and scenarios occurring in a wide variety of health care settings and occupations, based on first-hand experience of the instructors.
- Discussions of new knowledge acquired from various seminars attended by school administrators.
- Discussions of information obtained during conferences, for example many of the inside details and information regarding medical facilities and the employer’s expectations for their employees is received during conferences through conversations with various doctors and health professionals. This opportunity to speak one-on-one with these health professionals allows our instructors to share details with our students to give them a realistic description of what is required of them and what employers are looking for in hiring a new unit clerk and medical assistant.
- Overall mark based on successful result of weekly quizzes and final exam (final exam occurs on the last day of classes).
- Participation and attendance in clinical practicum.
Students who have completed all specified requirements will receive a diploma from the Medical Reception College. Upon receiving the diploma, students are able to pursue a career in the medical services profession with confidence.
The program duration spans fourteen weeks, and is offered on a full-time basis.
CLASSES FILL UP EXTREMELY FAST
Visit the class schedule page to see if there are available seats in the class session you're interested in.
GRADUATE WITH THE BEST IN UNIT CLERK TRAINING
Your diploma from the medical reception college will provide you greater access to job security and financial stability by potentially placing your name at the top of the list when applying for any available job opportunities as a certified unit clerk or medical office assistant. Employers know that a diploma from the Medical Reception College is an asset to any clinic, hospital, medical facility or medical office and unit clerk setting.
Once you complete the program you will receive your diploma and be registered in our national database certifying you to work as a certified unit clerk and medical office assistant. Once you receive your diploma it’s yours for life, you will not need to take any additional courses to maintain its status.
At the Medical Reception College we have been helping students build their careers for over twenty years, as one of Canada’s premiere career-training providers in the field of unit clerk and medical assisting. We offer solid market driven programs that focus on helping our students develop the skills that are in demand right now by the leading employers in the health care industry.
For over two decades we’ve watched our graduates embark on careers rich in opportunity. From the quality of our instructors, course materials and resources, the main goal at the medical reception college will always be to provide our students with a superior education geared towards a successful and long-term career.
Whether you’re just beginning your training or looking for professional advancement though continued education. The Medical Reception College can help you get there fast. In a matter of weeks, you will complete a career-focused program that ensures you build a skill set to help you launch a meaningful career that can last a lifetime and give you instant status and respect among your friends and family.